Partick 0-1 Dundee- Match Report

Dundee continue fine early-season form thanks to Greg Stewart winner at PartickA fine second-half strike from Greg Stewart secured three points for Dundee as winless Partick Thistle's woeful luck continued in a Ladbrokes Premiership match in which they hit the woodwork three times.The hosts dominated the bulk of the play, particularly in the first half, but their failure to find the back of the net remained their Achilles heel.And they were punished 14 minutes from time as Stewart's cool finish earned a 1-0 victory for Paul Hartley's visitors.Four minutes into proceedings, Thistle loanee Robbie Muirhead fluffed an opportunity to open the scoring on his home debut after Dundee had failed to clear an Abdul Osman cross.Three minutes later and the Jags came even closer to taking the lead following an excellent free-flowing move and exchange of passes between Steven Lawless and Stuart Bannigan

The ball was played in to Muirhead, who in turn found Kris Doolan, but the Thistle frontman lashed wide of the left post.The hosts maintained their early domination of the opening period with Doolan unfortunate not to find the back of the net in the 11th minute with a wonderful acrobatic effort which smashed off the crossbar after Liam Lindsay had knocked down a Ryan Stevenson corner into his path.However, with 14 minutes on the clock and on one of the rare forays into the opposition half from the men in dark blue, Nicky Low found freedom on the left wing and his low cross was turned into the side-netting by Thomas Konrad.The visitors were gifted an opportunity of breaking the deadlock five minutes before the interval after a miscommunication between Tomas Cerny and Lindsay presented Low with a chance only for the diminutive Dundee midfielder to shoot wide.A couple of minutes later the action then swung to the other end when Muirhead played in Stevenson, who was unlucky not to find the back of the net after his blistering effort smashed off the left post as the match remained goalless going into half-time.Eleven minutes into the second period, Stewart was denied by Jags stopper Cerny, who excellently tipped his curling effort over the bar.The Glasgow side were to find the width of the bar preventing them from scoring for the second time in the match when, with 64 minutes played, a Mustapha Dumbuya cross from the right was met by the head of the unmarked Stevenson, who was left frustrated as the ball smacked off the woodwork.That effort was to epitomise the bad fortune Thistle are experiencing at the moment, and with 14 minutes left they were punished as Stewart calmly executed an terrific left-footed curling finish past Cerny.In the closing stages the Firhill side opted to aim high balls forward into the path of substitute David Amoo, but it was all to no avail as Dundee maintained their fine early-season form

Source : PA

Source: PA